Friday, June 13, 2008

Survivor Springville 2008

The winner of Survior China lives in Pleasant Grove and his brother-in-law or some kind of relation lives in Springville and they decided to do a mini Survivor in Springville. Brock's mom and sister are HUGE fans. His sister lives in Oklahoma and would have flown out but tickets were a little expensive. So they talked Brock into doing it. Last night was a dinner and I got to go along. It was a lot of fun. I don't watch Survivor so I wasn't as excited to meet the people but the activities they did last night were fun to watch.











us, 2nd place (i think her name is courtney), Todd the $1 million winner, and Frosti (i don't know if that's his real name). All really nice, fun people.











Above: Their first challange. To find playing cards listed on this paper and then turn them over to spell a word. They had a bunch of cards hanging on a line held by cloths pins (i don't know why the picture wont load on here?) and then each player ran and found a card one at a time. After all were found you had to spell a four word phrase. Frist one to finish wins. We didn't. But we got close. They only listed ten cards and we needed eleven so the words weren't making sense. Oh-well. It was fun to watch.









Then they made a flag. Here they are looking at it. We didn't win.....










Brock's team flag. It says animo, which i guess means energy or something similar to it, in Spanish.









Brock doing the final challange. They stacked dishes on the gold plate one at a time until the person dropped it. All the people actually went a long time and brock could have gone longer but one of his cups fell off and they lost....


Tonight they will do a swimming challange at the Springville Pool and then tomorrow they are spending about 4 hours in Hobble Creek Canyon. They havent said whats going on then. I am excited to see more!

4 comments:

Jer and Jules said...

I don't watch Survivor, or know much about it, but it looks like everyone had a great time! It's cool you guys can find out about and do stuff like that.

beth said...

That is so awesome. If this was last weekend, Joe's mom would have been DYING to join. I guarantee she is a bigger Survivor fan than Brock's family. :)

Joe said...

In Spanish, “Ánimo!” is an exclamation people use to lift one another’s spirits and encourage increased energy. The word literally means spirit, energy, and vitality.
When I first saw the flag I thought it said anime... What do Japanese cartoons have to do with Survivor?

Unknown said...

Thanks to all who came to support me in my little return to youth race. What a fun time this was. Here's to my sister Jamie, who has never missed a showing of survivor! We took the team win and brought home a chinese mask, but I only took 2nd as the person representing my team. Yesterday was my recoup day. Thanks again to all of you who came to watch, it means so much to me. Love you all. ;) BROCK